Don't forget the human mind can compensate for a lot of things. Think of how we can triangulate a sound source in realtime even with the included echos in a small room. The only thing that I can think of that messes with that system is a single tone setting up standing waves. It's impressive if you think about it.

So, it's probably not much of a stretch to imagine the mind compensating for a little movement here and there (since we have controls and feedback to monitor that). It may just take a few thousand years for us to evolve to deal with distortion due to jitter in our digital recordings :)

All fun aside. This has been a worth while thread in my opinion. I'm learning more this week, than others watching this list!