Fabio,

Happens in all the GPS receivers we have tested here. The difference between
receivers is how fast they can recognize this error and how fast they can
re-aquire once they shut off the 1PPS output due to tcxo instability.

There was a recent thread here about effects of adding a fan to a Z380x and the
behavior you have seen is one of the reasons why that is a bad idea.

Some receivers like Rockwell, Trimble etc allow for external 10MHz input from
an ocxo or atomic clock, and some GPSDOs make use of that feature. Having a
very stable and accurate 10MHz reference for the GPS is also supposed to reduce
time to second fix.

Bye,
Said

Sent From iPhone