On 7/21/13 7:15 AM, David McGaw wrote:
The GPS-18 does NOT output 1PPS until it acquires lock.  Then the 1PPS
stays on even if lock is lost, running from the internal crystal.  I
have not checked, but once it reacquires lock I presume it jumps to the
correct second.  All outputs including 1PPS are CMOS levels, so it
drives both low and high.

David

OK.. so my "wire or" question can be answered.. I've got a bunch of microcontrollers (teensy3 from pjrc) with High Z inputs that I want to sync, and since the Garmin 1pps can both source and sink, a diode and resistor might work well. When I don't have 1pps, I can have one of the modules reconfigured to be a source, with a series resistor.

Thanks all..