On 10/14/2013 8:44 AM, ed breya wrote:
I recently acquired a Fluke 6071A, and have found some pieces of the service and operating manuals, but not the schematics. Does anyone know where the schematics can be found? This unit looks pretty good except the "FREQ" and "UNCAL" indicators are flashing. I managed to decipher enough of the diagnostic error code info to find the "sub-synthesizer" loop is unlocked, and I hope that adjustment of its VCO will fix it. This section is of course buried inside the inner layers of the RF deck stack, so will be tricky to get at and rig for temporary running while opened up. The manual info is good for figuring this out, but the schematics would of course be a big help for this and future maintenance.

Is there any kind of fluke-nuts group on febo.com? I think there's a fluke group at yahoo, but that stupid neo form of groups interface is so screwed up that I'm reluctant to join any more yahoo groups. I will probably have to try anyway for this one.

I also vaguely recall that in recent months this model was noted as being pretty good in terms of phase noise for time-nuts purposes, but I couldn't find it in the discussions.

Ed

The Fluke group on Yahoo is geared more to the meters. Arteck Media has the complete manual available on CD-Rom. I wound up with 2 of them.

Randy, KI6WAS