On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> But as of a few years ago all Apple IOS devices
> already have NTP built-in.  But to conserve battery power NTP is not
> run very often, just enough to keep the seconds digit read correctly.

Seconds!

But seriously my iPad2 is behind by two seconds, although the newer ones
track a bit better.  My Android experience is not as good.

Of course the products I referred to don't actually run ntpd and they're
not disciplining the clock.  Much like the titular WWVB "Atomic" clock they
periodically run the equivalent of ntpdate.