On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:12:54 +1200
Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffi...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Optical excitation of quartz resonators: Electronics Letters
> <http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/el>, Volume 18,
> Issue 9 <http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/el/18/9>, 29
> April 1982, p. 381 – 382

Thanks Bruce!

For those who dont want to buy the paper, here a short summary:

They used a 10mW HeNe laser, modulated with 1kHz to 1MHz on
various quartz cuts (X+5°, DT, AT) and could measure oscillations
of the quartz using metal electrodes.
The mechanism of exitation was photothermal

                        Attila Kinali
--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous