On 11/27/2014 9:09 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Bob Camp <kb...@n1k.org> wrote:

The main complaint is the difficulty of getting the correct cores. I seem
to have a few dozen bags of cores.

The mainline distributors (Allied, Newark, Mouser, etc.)  have excellent
selection of Fair-Rite and other cores. Admittedly to a neophyte the
equivalence of Fair-Rite or Laird part numbers to an Amidon-style number
may not be evident.

I recently needed some binocular cores for a transformer for a client.
After checking all the distributors, I had to buy 500 of them.  Minimum
quantity.  So much for one-off hobbyist projects.  The reason why I
did not use a MiniCircuits transformer for this client is that the
impedance was much less than 50 ohms.  This is one area that
MiniCircuits really does not address.

Rick Karlquist N6RK