Am 05.12.2014 um 21:20 schrieb Hal Murray: d...@dougronald.com said:
The 68000 was "just" a CPU.  It didn't have the typical counter/timers (or
other IO gear) that are found in many modern chips targeted at the embedded
market.  Today, you can probably get everything you need on an Arm SOC.
That's ROM/Flash, RAM, counter/timer and UART.
The REF1 unit has the 68331 = 68K CPU with Counter/timers, UART, baudrate gen, real time clock, watchdog, address decoders, but no onchip memory. Moto's answer to the 80186.

And it's got 2 of them, one on the main board and one in the GPS module. They are good
for 16 MHz. High perfomance is different, nowadays.

Gerhard

(back to looking where I can get clean power for my doubler in the REF1)