Speaking for my GPSDOs specifically, you can’t disable the survey mode with the
Venus838 receiver (well, you can, but it requires you to talk to the module
with SkyTraq’s software, which requires disabling the GPSDO’s controller -
possible to do, but annoying). I haven’t attempted to see what it would do if
it were moved after the survey is completed (if you move during the survey,
then the survey will fail and repeat).

The older GPSDOs that had PA6H receivers were navigation receivers that didn’t
have a survey mode.

In either case, without a surveyed position, PPS stability will suffer if/when
the constellation degrades due to poor reception, which can happen if, say, the
unit is in a moving vehicle in interesting terrain. Poor PPS stability will
have an impact on the PLL, obviously.