Hi

The gotcha is that you have multiple systems working against each other. The
crystal in the TCXO has
one temperature characteristic. The compensation in the TCXO has a temperature
characteristic. They
cancel each other out to a limited degree. The residual slope may (or may not)
be as shallow as you
might think. Your PTC is at an arbitrary point on the residual curve. A
somewhat more subtle issue is
the gradient between your PTC, the crystal, and the compensation as it cycles.

If the TCXO really isn’t a full TCXO, then some of this goes away. A +/- 2 ppm
0-50C “TCXO" may not have
any compensation in it at all. Some 0 to 70C parts are done as 2 ppm 0 to 50
and only compensated at the
hot end. They actually may be worse with the PTC than at room...

Yes this all assumes an AT cut in the TCXO. That’s a pretty good bet ….

Bob