Hi,

The ITT Cannon XLR range became known as Cannon-connector and XLR-connector, with the later as the long term name. Often the 3-pole XLR connector is being used, but many other exists, including different sizes of pins and shells.

One should ba a bit careful to use the vendor name to identify a connector type.

BTW, I agree with Rick's comment on power-pole and use on batteries. This is the reason I use power-poles on my ham-equipment. It also allows for combining adapters in interestinng ways.