On 8/9/17 10:44 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
Hi

Actually it *is* a standard Vectron part number. Once an OEM placed an order,
the specific part was issued
a 4 digit “code”. That plus the base model number made up the part number from
there on. On could debate
endlessly if it was to make reordering easier (fewer digits to make mistakes
on) or to obscure the actual spec.
One advantage of the 4 digit approach would be if the customer decided they
wanted some non-standard
(weird lead lengths…) spec on their part.

I stand corrected - it's a "standard OEM style number" as opposed to a "standard catalog number"

That's kind of what I figured, when Dave sent the 724Y Class S sheet..

Bob