On 2/3/18 3:31 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
--------
In message <31183984-ed9d-60e1-6528-76dfde5f3...@rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus D
anielson writes:

The slots and thus the remaining bridges seems to have been a relatively
simple stage of the process. Orientation of the blank seems to have been
simple. The shapes for the electrodes seems to have been worse.

I have no idea if the result would actually work and be on frequency,
or for that matter, where I can borrow one of those machines, but...

with increased use of very high performance DDS and PLLs, the precise frequency may not be as important as it was when you were limited to straight up multiplication/mixing synthesis.

I suspect that a "10 MHz +/- 100kHz" might be a higher yield requirement than 10 MHz +/- 1ppm or +/- 1 ppb.

You could focus more on aging behavior.

The prices mentioned were not prohibitive in the context, you would
break even well before a thousand units at the prices mentioned.

Poul-Henning

[1] Surprising to me is that modern dentists are highly kitted for
CNC-ing very hard ceramic materials at high precision.

But, small "tooth sized" pieces - how big is your crystal.