> Hal Murray wrote:

> If the two signals are not encoded identically, there should be an
> interesting signal when one of the transmitters is off and the other is on.
> Has anybody looked for that sort of pattern?

> Is there a map of the dead spots?  Any time-nuts live in/near one?

Yes. Here is a screenshot of roughly equal strength JJY and WWVB as received in
New Zealand around 10 PM local time on a KiwiSDR.

Due to the timing reversal of the pulses from each station this results in
solid carrier during the data bit times (no matter the bit combination: 00, 01,
10, 11) as the signals are added. The marker pulses every 10 seconds give a 0.6
sec gap when both stations are at reduced-carrier. And the double marker at the
minute boundary gives a 1.6 sec gap with a 0.4 sec pulse in the middle. I
thought this was sort of amusing.