It's called 'adhesive lined heatshrink'. Yes, it's available, though a reel
of the Good Stuff (Raychem) costs a small fortune.
They also make custom boots to fit various standard connectors.

Probably best bought as surplus or from a trusted seller who bought reels
from military, autosport or aircraft industries. The short lengths
available on ebay are often inferior grades. A heatshrinking tape is also
available.

Hams tend to use self-amalgamating tape, as Phil recommended.