Many thanks Peter for confirming what I suspected.   The problem with the
Trimble receivers is that requesting the satellite C/A code data can hose up a
lot of them.  So, I'm stuck with calculating the integer number of
milliseconds.   How to do that?  I do know my position to a few feet.

I have Lady Heather generating RINEX files for the Ublox timing receivers, the
NVS-08, the Furuno GT-87, and the Ashtech Z12 (with both L1/L2 data).  It would
be nice to be able to support the Trimble receivers.   With L1 only data I am
getting results in the < 200 mm range.  The Z12 with L1/L2 data gets me to
around 40 mm.