One what?  I see that it is a Ublox unit, but see no reference to the
interesting
modern units like the 9 series.  Also, I note that the only reference on
the board
to "ant" is on the lower right corner, while what I suppose to be the
actual antenna
connector appears to be an SMA near the upper right corner.

And why does it look like several of the components have been resoldered
or replaced or something?

Dana