Hi,

Peter Dey schrieb:
>> The physical config:
>>
>> VLAN1(U)--|   Switch                                  Switch   |-- VLAN1(U)
>> VLAN5(T)--|-- Trunk -- TincS-01 ---VPN--- TincS-02 -- Trunk  --|-- VLAN5(T)
>> VLAN10(T)-|   Port                                    Port     |-- VLAN10(T)
>>
> 
> Note the "Trunk" part.  I've never seen a facility under Linux to create a 
> trunk 
> interface (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've got a setup running where on eth2 there is tagged traffic (multiple
vlans) which is bridged into a tinc tap device. I can create tagged
interfaces (vconfig add) on the other side of the trunk as well as on
the bridge interface. It just works, as long as all dependent interfaces
are configure up explicitly.

left side of tunnel

  br0 := bridge of eth2 and tap0
  br0.1, br0.2

right side of the tunnel

  tap0.1

Michael


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to