I Guus,

El 17/10/2010, a las 11:03, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> escribió:

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:56:35AM +0200, Ramses II wrote:

I want create a VPN with some PC clients and only one server, instead of
LAN-to-LAN, but I'm not very sure how to do this.

For example, I need to have:

- Server LAN -------- (192.168.0.1/24) ---- tinc-VPN ---- (192.168.100.1/24 ) - Client-01 LAN --- (192.168.50.1/24) ---- tinc-VPN ---- (192.168.100.10/24 ) - Client-02 LAN --- (192.168.80.1/24) ---- tinc-VPN ---- (192.168.100.11/24 )

Currently, I have this config in the server:

ifconfig $INTERFACE 192.168.100.1 netmask 255.255.0.0

Why the 255.255.0.0 netmask? If your VPN only consists of nodes with
192.168.100.* addresses, then the netmask should be 255.255.255.0.

Subnet = 192.168.100.0/24

And in the host config files, use /32 instead of /24, since each node only uses
one IP address from the whole VPN range.

----------- Client-01 ----------
Subnet = 192.168.101.0/24

That should be 192.168.100.10/32, according to the diagram you wrote above.

ifconfig $INTERFACE 192.168.101.1 netmask 255.255.0.0

And 192.168.100.10 netmask 255.255.255.0.

If I put them both on the same subnet, evidently, it can not work in router
mode.

With the /32 Subnets this is not a problem.


I think that I have tried exactly what you say but It don't worked me.

I think that it not worked me becouse I put subnet=x.x.x.x/24 not 32.

I try again with 32 bits subnet and I tell you if work well.

Best regards,

Ramses
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to