I've tested the new version built from GIT sources, and there were no hangs for 
over 5 hrs of testing, so i think that the problem is fully solved. Thanks to 
Guus one more time!

So for now, i have one more question: How it was supposed to use the mentioned 
"AutoConnect" option, which appeared in the 1.1pre4 changelist?

07.12.2012, 19:10, "fantomtk" <[email protected]>:
> Thanks for tour fast answer, Guus!
>
> I was wrong when i said that my problem persists in 1.1pre3. Today I checked 
> it again, and it seems that I have tested not the exact 1.1pre3 version, but 
> version built by myself from GIT sources day or two before the release of 
> 1.1pre4
>
> So I think that you reproduced exactly that problem. Tonight I will rebuild 
> tincd from GIT and test it again
>
> 07.12.2012, 19:04, "Guus Sliepen" <[email protected]>:
>
>>  On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 04:02:08PM +0100, Nick Hibma wrote:
>>>>   I could reproduce the hangs; a bug in the processing of periodic events
>>>>   caused an infinite loop to occur. It is now fixed in git. I'll release a
>>>>   new version with the fix soon.
>>>   We have old versions in the field and upgrading is not really an option. 
>>> I've seen stalled tinc connections (well, I think it was tinc hanging, but 
>>> no way to verify, no way to reproduce, and lots of other bugs in our 
>>> rubbish). Which versions does this bug occur in? All versions up to now?
>>  The bug I just fixed is specific to 1.1pre4, it is not in any other version,
>>  and only occurs on Windows.
>>
>>  --
>>  Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
>>       Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>
>>
>>  ,
>>  _______________________________________________
>>  tinc mailing list
>>  [email protected]
>>  http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
>
> _______________________________________________
> tinc mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to