My Wishlist / Roadmap for 1.0

Since we have now 0.9.28rc ( thanks for that, grischka),
i want to write down my wishlist / roadmap
for a future 1.0 release
and ask you for improvements / comments.

( I have not added any issue/enhancement request
to the bugtracker at savannah yet. )

##  Fix / Update, what we have and add, was is missing
(Keep in mind the goals for tcc:
simple with a high compilation speed)

* The webpage from fabrice mentions, that tcc is 9 times faster as gcc
- Does anybody know, what lynx version was used?
- I tested once with an old lynx version and 32bit target:
  tcc: 1.09sec / gcc: ~8.5 sec -> tcc is nearly 8x faster

* The webpage from fabrice mentions, that the size of tcc is only 100k
- Does anybody know, which config was used?
- I did not test, how far the size of tcc can be reduced,
  without to cripple tcc too much.
- Is it possible to disable dwarf and / or stabs / win32 debug?
- I expect, that the small size was a cross compiler version
  (to disable the "-run" option).

* everywhere is mentioned, that tcc aims for c99 compatibility
- i am working on a testsuite, to verify, what is missing for a c std
- with the move of manny programs to use multithreading
  and other modern C11 features, i suggest,
  that the goal for tcc should be updated to C11 compatibility.
- support for complex is missing (c99: required, but c11: optional)
- atomic must be handled in the compiler as a storage class
  (every acces to any atomic variable has to be atomic.
   tcc has only support for the atomic macros)
- Thread local Storage needs to be handled as storage class
  (x86 family: segment depends on OS:  fs:offset or gs:offset)
 - "auto" was a storage class and is a variable type since C11

... More updates will follow

Regards ... Detlef

Sent with Delta Chat Messenger:  https://delta.chat