Yes, I obtained TCC from the bellard.org site, as you mentioned here.  I’m a novice C programmer and downloading a fully workable C compiler from there was “easy peasy” and it just works. While I admire all of your efforts to update TCC, and maybe it’s just me, but I find it very confusing exactly where to download and use your latest “production” release, including how to link it to produce an executable.  —JM

On Mar 24, 2024, at 12:47 PM, Detlef Riekenberg via Tinycc-devel <tinycc-devel@nongnu.org> wrote:

Am 24.03.24, 16:53 schrieb "codif...@gmail.com" <codif...@gmail.com>:

> "release" personally I've just tracked git master (or is it main these days?)
> and pull roughly monthly,
> maybe I just got lucky, but its always "just works" (tm)

Yes, using the mob branch is good (most of the time),
but the tcc version in various Linux distributions is outdated.

Some people even use the very old tcc 0.9.27 from the homepage at
https://bellard.org/tcc
with the forward to the savannah download page:
https://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/tinycc/

Only an official release can help here.

Dates fom the savannah download page:
2008.05.31 tcc-0.9.24
2009.05.18 tcc-0.9.25 ( 352 days)
2013.02.15 tcc-0.9.26 (1369 days)
2017.12.17 tcc-0.9.27 (1766 days)
2024.03.xx tcc-0.9.28 (Already 2289 days for today and growing.)

@grishka, please...
TinyCC needs a release.

--
Regards ... Detlef