The article says that "It has been sold in almost every territory around the
world, from Australia to Scandinavia." I assume that would include Canada since
it is not the 51st state.

I find it difficult to believe that a film would not be picked up by a US
distributor because of its attack on religious belief. I doubt it would be more
controversial than Religulous or Dogma or even the DaVinci Code. Controversy is
generally seen as a ticket seller. What it takes for a film to be picked up by
a distributor in the US is a reasonable chance of making money. I have to agree
with one of the comments on the site: "The producer hasn't managed to sell his
film to the distributors as they don't think it will make them enough money
(nothing to do with theology!), so aims to play the religion card and generate
publicity to get his film distributed in the valuable US market.Or am I
cynical?" The picture on the Telegraph site may say it best: A scientist
writing a book doesn't seem promising to translate into theatrical box office.
His daughter dies. It doesn't promise a "love story" (by definition since the
couple involved is already married). It's not a rom-com. It is not targeted at
adolescent males. There is little action in it. It could well appear on the
History Channel or some other TV network here but I don't think it will see the
inside of many theaters.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
John Brown University
Siloam Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu