On 26 Feb 2010 at 12:32, Rick Froman wrote:

> Next study...Is there a negative correlation between critical thinking and
> intelligence or do people just
> have great difficulty (no doubt due to some evolutionary mechanism) thinking
> critically about things they
> are predisposed to agree with?

Hey, don't blame the messenger. I just report the news.
Naturally, those who are liberal, atheist, and monogamous
might find some joy in it.  But the main point seems to be
empirical.  What is it about the reported finding, as opposed to
its interpretation,  which should invite challenge through critical
thinking?

Anyway, even-(Stephen) handedness being my middle name, I
would have reported the results even had they turned against
those misguided liberal-atheist-monogamists. The findings
would be provocative either way.

Stephen

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus