I agree with Claudia. I took neuroanatomy in graduate school. Part of the course involved being able to identify structures from arbitrarily-chosen cat-brain sections. We graduate students would study the projected sections for 2 to 4 hours at a time. After a study session, we would walk down the hallway of an old building and see neural structures in the cracks and stains on the floorway.

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
USA

Claudia Stanny wrote:
I saw this story in the New York Times a few days ago. I've seen some fuzzy anatomical slides in many a colloquium, so perhaps those who are accustomed to finding structures in fuzzy masses, this might make more sense than it does to me. :-) I'm leaning toward the "interpreting clouds" model, myself. I'm interested to learn of the reactions of others.

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D. Director, Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
Associate Professor, Psychology
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514 – 5751