From: "Dr. Bob Wildblood" <drb...@rcn.com>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 7:22:57 AM
Subject: Re: [tips] Galileo Was Wrong?

John Kulig wrote:

"But in general, Christian religions have not been exactly at the forefront of
science. Though the Catholic church is ultimately accepting of scientific
advances - sooner or later - example being the acceptance of Darwinian theory
as established science and more than "just a theory", and (if I remember) that
"creationist science" is junk science because of the lack of falsifiability (I
was impressed with that one!).

Yet the Pope, who is presently taking the first state visit to England after
about 500 years of separation between the Anglican and Catholic church, still,
using anti-science explanations about some things, still says (along with a
significant portion of "tea-baggers") that the use of condoms spreads aids.
What kind of science is that?

.
Robert W. Wildblood, PhD
Adjunct Psychology Faculty