I was getting ready for laser surgery to correct my nearsightedness and the
final testing revealed cataracts. It ruled out the refractive surgery but the
opthomologist said "Good news--we can use lens implants that will correct your
vision, and insurance covers it!" I told her to sign me up and had it done
right away. I've never regretted it and it was an extremely easy procedure.
That was about a dozen years ago. Now they have multifocal implants that are
good for near and far. I wish I could get mine changed out, but I don't think
it's possible. I do still have halos though.