I can see some value in having this IANA registry list for ciphersuites
in the way being proposed (even if it may be interpreted differently by
different audiences). There have been, of course, too many algorithms
used only in specific countries and those substantially increased the
ciphersuite list.

I am just a little bit worried that everything developed for the IoT
enviroment is quite likely labled as not recommended by the IETF in this
registry because of the Web focus in this group.

The JPAKE is the item that we are currently interested in because we
have contributed to the standardization work related to Thread and the
stack we had implemented. Of course, the remark that JPAKE might not be
a good fit for TLS 1.3 may be correct.

Ciao
Hannes