On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 1:52 AM, Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com> wrote:

> I would also like to understand why TLS 1.2 is not sufficient for, say,
> the next five years.

It probably is ... but isn't that the problem? If the answer is "Just let
them stay on TLS1.2", I find it very hard to interpret the arguments
against all of this as resulting in anything other than grand-standing.
Clearly the users would be no better off, and also end up denied the other
benefits of TLS1.3.

This seems self-defeating, when there is so easy a path that may improve
things for all cases (forbid static-DH, add an opt-in mechanism instead).

--
Colm