NO
The objective is to be passively observe, out of band and not to be a MitM or
modify/inject text.    Just as we all do today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Kaduk [mailto:bka...@akamai.com]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 6:33 PM
To: Ackermann, Michael <mackerm...@bcbsm.com>; Tony Arcieri
<basc...@gmail.com>; Adam Caudill <a...@adamcaudill.com>
Cc: tls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [TLS] Publication of draft-rhrd-tls-tls13-visibility-00

On 10/23/2017 05:09 PM, Ackermann, Michael wrote:
> No one I am aware of is pushing for a MitM capability to address this.
> In fact it was one of the alternative solutions for which many
> implementation issues were cited at the Prague meeting and on this
> list.    But I would like to ask,  what is the solution that your
> company and others that you reference,  have solved this problem by
> implementing?

Is not draft-rhrd-tls-tls13-visibility a MitM, in that the holder of the
SSWrapDH1 private key has the cryptographic capability to inject traffic and
modify plaintext for the affected connections?

-Ben

The information contained in this communication is highly confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this communication is
directed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is
prohibited. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any
unintended receipt and delete the original message without making any copies.

 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network of Michigan are
nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue
Shield Association.