Rich,

A clarification:

> Well, I’d be fine with a bunch of point solutions that were only sold and
deployed in an enterprise because, as I said last time, this is too risky
for the public Internet.

What I meant about being fine with is a solution INSIDE the enterprise.
But, we need a STANDARD because we need to have multiple vendors implement
it.  And, if there is a problem, then the vendors will point first to that
non-standard solution as being the possible problem - which it certainly
could be!

We need to be able to solve problems for end users rapidly.  Some of our
members provide services to hundreds of thousands or millions of end users,
so uptime is critical.

Nalini