I noticed the pull request for this was recently closed (
https://github.com/tmux/tmux/pull/293),  because of lack of progress, and
active changes to the original code.

Are there any plans to add this functionality as part of the new changes?
I tried the original pull request version, and it seemed to work fine, and
would be a great addition to copy mode.

Thanks.
-FR