I will attempt to make a small test app using the same functions that I am using, see if it compiles (if not, I will mail the source).  I can also attempt to compile the test suite to see if its the compiler or not.

Do you have any quick and easy ways to make a scons setup so I can use that to compile my app and maybe get a better understanding of whats going on?

On 2/26/06, Niall Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 26 Feb 2006 at 9:53, The Devils Jester wrote:

> I dont use scons or make or anything of the sort, its always been too
> complicated and too many files just to compile an app.  I use a simple .sh
> script which calls g++ with my options (and a .bat which calls borland on
> win), it may not be as portable as a makefile or scons, but it is much
> cleaner, smaller and easier.

Ok, but you'll understand you may run into problems I can't see
because of this.

> I dont mind a portable workarround for the timeval issue, as you stated I
> would rather do this than make an unportable solution.  What is your
> solution here?

Well, try the latest from SVN. In fx.h it tells the compiler to
always use FX::timeval rather than ::timeval. This is fine unless you
do direct calls into Unix, then you'll need to put a '::' before your
timeval.

> I include fx.h and fx3d.h as the very first thing in my code so its not
> related to that in anyway.  I get hundreds of errors from these FXFile and
> friends because I have so many used in my app.  I can attempt to include the
> FXSystem, FXDir, FXFile, etc... directly and see if that changes anything.

fx.h includes everything. I don't see that as the problem.

> I dont use any fox thread or memory functions, or any similar low level
> functions, just the gui, string manipulation and file info.  The only errors
> that I get are the file and directory missing function ones.  Everything
> else looks like it will compile without a hitch.

It should all compile definitely - for example, nearly the entire FOX
examples suite compiles and runs perfectly even without the FOX
compat layer. Some of the FOX emulations aren't well tested and may
cause problems, but they should all compile.

Can you give me an example of some source which causes errors?

Cheers,
Niall