As suggested earlier please check that you don't have a stale socket for
clamd, this usually happens after an unclean shutdown.

Check the log of clamav as it will complain about the stale socket if this
is the case. Delete the stale socket and restart the clamav service.

The error is usually received when messages from remote clients are
attempted to be delivered, but from the localhost (webmail) are sent
without problems.