[sent again, apols if duplicate]

On 09/10/2007 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> As suggested earlier please check that you don't have a stale
>> socket for clamd, this usually happens after an unclean shutdown.
>> Check the log of clamav as it will complain about the stale socket
>> if this is the case. Delete the stale socket and restart the clamav
>> service.

I wondered about this, but I didnt get any warnings about a stale socket
this time - I had one warning in september sometime that may have
coincided with this problem, but its hard to say.

Presumably the only way to get an unclean shutdown of clamd is to kill
it or for it to crash (and I havent killed it)?

If its a crash in one of the clamd threads would that bring down the
rest of the daemon or just the thread? At least if the whole thing stops
I can detect that with a monitor script.

Marcus