> Costin, could you please move your upload directory for these nightly builds to
> someplace else?  The problem is that you're confusing the people who wonder why
> the nightly builds have nothing to do with the current (3.2) code release.

I can move them to tomcat-3.3 - I wanted to avoid confusing people and use
the old directory.

I don't see why anyone would expect 3.2 to be in the nightly builds - the
nightly builds are used the same way as before, for the current
_development_ release ( same thing happened after tomcat3.1 was tagged,
and the nightly builds started to be used for 3.2, etc).

> In their place, I can turn on the publishing of the 3.2 nightly builds that I'm
> creating but just not uploading.

What is the reason of doing nightly builds of the previous release ? 3.2
is not in "development" mode, i.e no no features, etc - the nightly builds
make sense for the development release where things change and you need
this tool to make sure you don't get regressions or broken builds.

My understanding is that 3.2 is released, and an eventual 3.2.1 will have
only minor bug fixes, no new features or other "developments".

If I remember corectly, this is the rule we agreed upon - as soon as a
version is "feature freeze" ( that happened 3-4 months ago for 3.2), the
development continues on the main branch, bug fixes that goes into the
branch are merged into the development tree, etc.