> > 1. Extensible/Modular. Maybe you want to get other internal
> > informations,
> > or change other parameters at run time.
> >
> > 2. Minimal ( or no ) changes in the core or protocols. Changes are bad
> > bacause they add bugs, require releases , etc, and if we do (1) right,
> > then no other change is needed.
> >

> I agree. The less work done to the core, the better. ( and best left to the
> pros! :)

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against changing the core per se, I
just think we have the hooks we need ( and if we don't we should add them
ASAP ), and it would be great to keep it frozen so that we can
start developing the needed modules and features.

> > Well, having Ajp13 or Http listeners is almost the same, you
> > don't need
> > the HTTP running if you have Ajp13 ( and a Ajp13 client -
> > like apache ).
> > Regarding login for each query - this is an admin task, so it's not
> > performance-critical.
>

> So, in addition to setting up AJP12 in the load balance list, you're saying
> to set up a AJP13 on each tomcat as well? (to allow [restricted] access to
> the specific TC) ? Sounds good.

Sorry, I meant Ajp12 ( i.e. if you have ajp12 or ajp13 or jni connector,
you don't need standalone http - just connect to apache and you can do any
http request - including /admin, and any other servlet ).

( in addition, you can use all Apache directives to double the security if
you want to - in addition to password ).