The original intention for mod_jk was to use APR whenever it's ready. Gal
wrote most of the "general" code trying to stay as close as possible to
APR semantics.

Since mod_jk is using just a few APR-like functions, the transition
woulnd't be difficult - but it's important to do it at the right time.

And IMHO that should come as a decision from tomcat-dev - I would feel
very bad if Henri or Dan would decide to switch to APR without a serious
discussion on tomcat-dev.

And at this moment I would be strongly -1: APR is still beta, while tomcat
is used in production, the code we use works and has been ported on
most platforms we care, the extra overhead will hurt users, and I don't
know any real-world use of APR as a portable runtime with NES or IIS or
AOLServer - it should work, but I need to see at least one proof before
we start depending on that.

Of course, I can't -1 something in mod_webapp - since nobody asked or
proposed or discussed any of the mod_webapp developments ( or even
requirements, or anything else for that matter - except announcements
about the progress ).

Costin