On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >Since mod_jk is using just a few APR-like functions, the transition
> >woulnd't be difficult - but it's important to do it at the right time.
> >
> >And IMHO that should come as a decision from tomcat-dev - I would feel
> >very bad if Henri or Dan would decide to switch to APR without
> >a serious  discussion on tomcat-dev.
>
> Don't worry, I never said I'll modify mod_jk to use APR, and I
> didn't remember Dan speak about it. We're correcting the remaining
> bugs.

Henri, I didn't said I'm worried that you would modify mod_jk to APR, but
do so without discussing it on tomcat-dev.

I think APR is clearly the future for mod_jk, and that was the original
intention ( as I remember from the old discussions ).

> You may read the various discussions between I and Dan about mod_jk
> and everybody known what we're doing.

And that's more important than the code itself - the fact that we are all
involved and can give feedback.