On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Bill Barker wrote:

> Personally, I agree with Justin and Costin that mod_jk should be able to use
> the uri field.
>
> Having said that, I'd like to point out that the mod_jk.c in j-t-c is
> flat-out broken.  It doesn't handle the case where the '?' itself is
> encoded.  Since this case is part of a currently popular attack on IIS, it
> will show up.

Interesting finding. However tomcat decoder should be able to do so - if
it doesn't we must fix it. Can you check against 3.3beta1 ?

As a note, IMHO it is perfectly legal to have an encoded '?' in the URI,
and the behavior should be: the '?' will be decoded _after_ the URI is
separated from query string, and it's used as part of the file name.

AFAIK there is no reason a file ( or pathInfo ) can't have the '?' char
inside, and the URI spec allow that.

( of course, paranoia may force us to remove this kind of behavior ).