Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> "Andy Armstrong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gal, Developers,
> >
> > I'm about to produce a webapp version of the Domino connector for TC4.0,
> > and I see there isn't an IIS connector. Is anyone working on this? Want
> > me to take a look?
>
> No, I'm not yet working on those. I'm actually concentrating on fixing the
> library bugs, the required improvements, and its integration with APR, plus
> a bunch of developer docs which will help in refining/extending the WebApp
> library API.
>
> It would be so cool to be able to have at least a base code on which to work
> on, as Colin gratefully donated his code for NSAPI.
>
> Regarding a long-term plan, I heard Costin and Henri talking about
> refactorying the JK connector APIs, and using APR, but that actually nothing
> is ready yet (correct me if I'm wrong)...
>
> My alleged thought right now goes to a big input in terms of API design from
> the JK guys, I believe (but that's my personal feeling) that if a major
> redesign needs to be done in JK land, we can use some of the bases put in
> place by WebApp and especially APR, to come out with maybe a new/revised
> "improved" APR-based module...
>
> Let me know your thoughts...

Urm. I'm keen to be guided by people who have a better overview of where
connectors are headed in general and what needs doing really. My
priority is to make sure the current Domino/JK connector works OK with
TC4.0. Once that's nailed I'm open to suggestions. I'd be happy to
produce a wepapp version of the Domino connector, but I'm also happy to
undertake any work that needs doing on the IIS connector (I'm not
suggesting there /is/ work to do on IIS -- it's just something I could
quite easily do).

As usual I'm also pondering why I'm spending so much time on IIS and
Domino when I wouldn't run anything apart from Apache if I ruled the
world. I wonder what I did in a past life...

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish