"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My view:
>
> It should happen only after 3.3 (and 4.0) is released, switching to APR is
> reasonably easy ( IMHO ), adding warp protocol is doable ( but require
> some changes in the request representation to use the same struct as the other
> jk modules ).

Well, for 4.0 it's pretty easy... It doesn't ship with a connector, only the
WARP java counterpart... I don't want to touch 3.3 in terms of their plans.

Anyway, switching to APR is not that easy (IMO), if you want to take
advantage of ALL which is provided by APR (I'm deprecating ANSI-C here).

> Integrating WARP and AJP14 seems easy ( technically - there are many
> common things ), but it'll require some 'negotiation' - and I hope some
> real community involvment.

C'mon... It _IS_ the easiest thing... We just need to adjust those routines
to read/send packets, and what packet is used for what... The easiest thing
is to implement the real protocol... All hard work is about "how" that data
is organized within the respective modules, not how to grab it and put it on
the network... And being the author of 2 out of 3 connectors on this
project, I know what I'm talking about :) :) :)

> Refactoring/cleaning of jk - one part will be done by the move to APR
> ( of course ), there are some optimizations and improvements in the jni
> connector I am planning ( also after APR is in ), and some of the webapp
> API ( and docs :-) could also help a lot.

DOH! I'm saying, let's refactor WebApp how you guys want it... In the past 6
months I got to know APR quite well, on the other hand, you guys have more
experience on the different web-servers... We have a working APR-based
implementation, let's just put it together in a nice way so that it fits
BOTH needs...

> And of course, I'm happy to see both Pier and Henri are open.

DOH! I've always been... :)

    Pier