> Remy,
>
> >And why don't you want to write your own wrapper (I doubt Embedded is
> >adapted to your use case anyway), and put it in the Avalon tree ? That's
why
> >I do with the various Catalina wrappers Slide has, and it doesn't cause
any
> >problems.
> >
> >Also, not having separated interfaces and implementations doesn't prevent
> >from running under Avalon, it only removes the inter-application
security,
> >which isn't very useful (unless you have a Java mail server which
routinely
> >tries to hack your Java web server using its internal Java APIs).
> >
> OK, I'll just write a wrapper that exposes no methods to other 'blocks'
> If we are being asked to use CatalinaService instead of Embedded, then
> there were no useful (internally published) methods available anyway.
>  As such if there are no methods to expose there is no need for *any*
> interface/impl separation.  Therefore I can go ahead as is with the
> currently available Catalina (I guess).

It's not as simple as that. Catalina and CatalinaService both create
"standard" Tomcat servers. The Embedded interface OTOH will create a
deploy-it-yourself Tomcat; you'll have to define your own config files, and
it may not behave like a standard Tomcat. Since I doubt it's what you want
anyway, I'd say you should take CatalinaService and extend it (and add an
interface to it, of course).

Remy