At 06:55 PM 1/10/02 +0100, Armijn Hemel wrote:
>hi,
>
>I'm working on a webapp, for which I want to build (eventually) some shell
>access for administration purposes. I want administrators to be able to
>log into the application and perform maintenance through a UNIX like shell.
>I was thinking about writing this in Jython, but I wonder how I can do this
>best. Does this involve writing a new connector and if so, is it the best
>thing to do (and do others need it as well)?
>
>armijn
>
>--

Writing a "UNIX like shell" is pretty straight-forward, armijn.  Use a
command design pattern and have your class names and constructor parameters
equal the commands, options and targets you want.  Do something like what
is done with JNDI by Flanagan, Farley, Crawford and Magnusson in Java
Enterprise in a Nutshell (O'Reilly), Ch. 6, "The Naming Shell Application",
and convert it for the web.

-- micael