I'm trying to checkout an old version of tomcat with the following command:

[dan@oogie tmp]$ cvs co -D "4 months ago" jakarta-tomcat-4.0

And I'm getting the following error:

Core dumped; preserving /tmp/cvs-serv41751 on server.
CVS locks may need cleaning up.

My version is (on Linux):

 >[dan@oogie tmp]$ cvs --version
 >
 >Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1 (client/server)

I tried the same thing on Solaris, and had the same problem.

Any idea?  Am I doing something stupid?

-Dan