Jason Hunter wrote:

>> It seems Jon is more interested in a release without jsp then in a
>> release that includes velocity.  Too bad.
>
> I think that's to Jon's credit.  It shows the goal isn't to put Velocity
> and JSP on even footing, but just to provide what users want, which is
> often a more secure server without JSP.

So you're saying Jon is not proposing that because of his hatred for JSPs,
but because users keep asking him for that ?

Disabling JSPs in a server is quite easy - and has been possible for
a long time.

Almost 1/2 of the tomcat community is working on jasper, and is the piece of
tomcat that has probably the biggest distribution ( if we include Jetty and
all other servers that use jasper ). And most people in the tomcat
community are using JSPs. I very much doubt a tomcat without
jasper is best for the users or community. Most developers will test
and work on the distribution that includes jasper.

Anyway - Jon, Bill and Glenn voted +1 - and so far only Remy is -1.
Even if I change my vote to -1, the vote would still pass. It doesn't
look like a "consensus", but it is a majority at this moment.