Pier Fumagalli wrote:
On 8/12/02 0:43 "Jon Scott Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

on 2002/12/7 4:25 PM, "Pier Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jon, I'm very sorry mate, you're 4 months too late :-( I lost my fight about
this very same topic back then...
Maybe to late for your opinion, but honestly, I haven't been that impressed
with Jetty.

In my case it speeds up my stuff around 3/4 times faster. And the footprint
is considerably slower... Depends on the app...
I make benchs between TC 4.1.16 and latest jetty, and TC 4.1 was about 30% faster on servlet (didn't test JSP).

I saw very little if any speed increase with Jetty and Scarab and I actually
consider Jetty's distribution to be packed with more crud than
Tomcat's...but maybe I'm just biased by Tomcat.

At this point, I don't think that with JSR 154 and JSR 152 being separate,
there is much that anyone here can say negative about distributing JSR 154
only engine. Clearly there is a demand. Clearly it is a good thing to have
options.
What think JCP about a JSR 154 only engine ?