Hey Bill, thanks for the input.  I am all ears if you can think of
a better way to fix this in 4.1.  Rather than forward-porting this
fix to 5.0, I will look at better ways of doing it there since you
indicate they exist.

I think this is the way to go for 4.1 since it will fix both the
most and the worst cases, namely inter-webapp credential sharing.

Keith