I like this idea. But if the client sends too much data, it appears there will be no post data for the Servlet/JSP to process causing strange user errors. (User: "Why is getParameter(...) null?")

Should an error of SC_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE be sent instead? Of course, checking this too early before the user has chance to use a reader or input stream could also cause problems.

I guess I don't know what I want, but I wonder what to say in the future in case the assumption above is correct and I see a tomcat-user post about this.

Would it also be reasonable to allow a value of 0 (or -1) to disable this feature?

-Tim

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

remm 2003/11/15 01:45:02

Modified: catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteConnector.java CoyoteRequest.java
LocalStrings.properties
Log:
- Add a limit to the size of a POST which will be processed using getParameter
(which does allocate a significant amount of objects).