Hi Yoav,

Thanks for the replies. Beleive it or not, this request comes directly
from my attempts to extends commons-fileupload to support a progress bar.
I have spent a lot of time on this topic and can add a lot to the
discussions on commons-dev.

I would be very interested to see how the other two have done an
implementation
with commons-fileupload since I was not able to achieve one reliably
without
modifying some Tomcat classes (e.g:
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer,
InternalOutputBuffer, Http11Processor).

I have checked the mail-archives.com but the posts aren't there yet...

Anxiously waiting,
Eric

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:23:28 -0500, "Shapira, Yoav"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Howdy,
>
> >> - It'd be hard for the container to support these listeners in a
> >> performant manner.
> >
> >Agreed. It would surely affect the i/o buffer size if set to a small
> >value.; in the case of Tomcat I believe this is
> >org.apache.coyote.http11.Constants.DEFAULT_HTTP_HEADER_BUFFER_SIZE
> (48k).
> >However, wouldn't prolific JavaDoc ameliorate that issue?
>
> JavaDoc along with a default configuration that retains current
> performance might be OK.
>
> >One use-case is to be able to provide an accurate upload or download
> >meter; I'm not aware of any way to do this with Servlets....are you?
> >(Note I said "accurate", not something like an animated gif which is
> >just a fancy wait cursor).
>
> It's funny you raise this point now.  We're discussing adding a progress
> bar to commons-fileupload on the commons-dev list.  You may wish to
> join/follow the discussion, as two other people have what they claim are
> accurate implementations.  Needless to say, neither of them is asking
> for a servlet specification change.
>
> Do you have any other use cases?
>
> Yoav Shapira

> printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an)
> intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your
> computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

                          or over the web